The Small Boat Club : Moorings Available
Welcoming members, new members and families – with and without boats!!!
A friendly, forward thinking family, orientated, not for profit club; run by the members, for the members. The SBC aims to encourage boating generally and river cruising specifically. It is an ideal environment from which one can get into boating, develop skills and enthusiasm for the river and you don’t need to have a boat to be a member.
- Membership is by invitation and application, if you wish to apply, please complete and return the SBC Membership Application form. Our 2022/2023 fees are :-
- Family membership (payable each September) £115 per annum
- Individual membership (payable each September) £60 per annum
- Couples membership (payable each September) £90 per annum
- One off joining fee of £40 per application
- Mooring fees are paid quarterly (Sep., Dec., Mar., Jun.) £44 per ft/year
- (Limited) canoe rack space £40 per canoe/year
Note that moorings are only available to boats of 33ft (10.1m) or less
The SBC thrives with active members who are willing to join in, help out and get involved in any way they can or are able to contribute – please, don’t enquire if you’re just after a cheap mooring!
The Club is run as a non-profit making body with elected members acting as trustees. The principal officers are its; President, Commodore, Vice Commodore, helped by a collection of active committee members. Moorings are available to members only.
There are several “open days” where prospective members may visit the island, if you would like to be kept informed as to when these take place please send your details to our secretary In the meantime, please feel free to browse some of our club activities.